Why should we slow down?
1. Slowing down gives us space to respond to situations and events rather than react to them.
2. By slowing down we allow ourselves to see things more clearly.
3. Slowing down helps us create a broader and less rigid mindset.
4. By slowing down we can become more aware of our automatic thoughts and behaviours.
5. Slowing down helps us improve perspective allowing us to shift direction and start to create a better way of being.
How to slow down:
1. Take pauses throughout the day and tune into your mental and physical well-being.
2. Create time in our day to just be with yourself with no distractions
3. Pause before you commit to something
4. Take a few deep breaths before responding to a text or email
5. Become comfortable with silence